Tuesday, August 23, 2011

If I Could Only Eat 5 Foods... (#4)

4.  Gala Apples
Gala apples in a Walmart in China - they cleverly posted stickers on their apples so words would appear on the skin.

Like soymilk, apples are a staple food for me.  It's hard for me to wake up in the mornings and not want an apple.  It's almost become habit - the saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" has really struck a chord with me, I guess.  Honestly, I think it's because I became convinced (probably through my parents) that apples help with your digestion and helps clear out your system, making you more regular.  It might be psychological, but I'm usually pretty regular, and I attribute a lot of that to my daily apple.  Gala is my favorite of all the apples, although I do enjoy Fuji, Honeycrisp, and Golden Delicious apples.  Red delicious are my least favorite, probably because it tastes least like an apple and most like grainy junk.  I like my apples crunchy, sweet, and somewhat juicy, which explains why I like the apples I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment