Thursday, August 25, 2011

If I Could Only Eat 5 Foods... (#2)

2.  Red Bean Steamed Bun
Red bean bun from a pastry shop in Taiwan.  This one had mochi as well, which was different, but not bad.

This is basically the perfect combination of things I love eating.  Chinese steamed buns + red bean.  I like pretty much any kind of Chinese steamed bun - stuffed with ground meat, Chinese sausages, vegetables, eggs, scallions, taro, milk powder, or nothing at all - it's all so good.  But in my mind, the ultimate steamed bun is one with red bean paste (and preferably with actual red beans as well) in the middle.  The bun is soft, fluffy, and slightly chewy, while the red bean paste with red beans are sweet, not too heavy, and just pure delicious. Hands down my favorite dessert / pastry (although shaved ice is up there as well) - I could eat red bean buns all day long and my stomach would be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment