Friday, August 26, 2011

If I Could Only Eat 5 Foods... (#1) + Honorable Mentions

And my #1 food that I would eat if I could only eat 5 foods...

1.  Chinese BBQ Pork Ribs (Cha Shao Pai Gu)
And I don't mean just any ribs from anywhere.  I'm talking about the ones my mom makes.  I don't have a photo of them, unfortunately, but you can just imagine.  Ribs marinated for days in the cha shao sauce - a smoky, sweet, delicious flavor - so that the flavor truly penetrates into the meat.  The ribs are cooked and basted every 30-45 minutes so there's a nice crusty exterior and juicy interior.  She seriously makes the best Chinese BBQ ribs - and I don't think it's because of my bias.  I haven't tasted better - period.  You really just have to try it to believe it.

Not in its ideal form, this was some Chinese BBQ Pork from Ting Wong Restaurant in Chinatown in Philadelphia.

So that's it - my top 5.  There were many things that got shafted, so I decided to put together a quick "honorable mentions list."  Here it is, in no particular order:

Lamb - just because it is the most inherently-delicious meat.  I like it on a stick or in a gyro.


Shaved Ice - especially with condensed milk, red beans, mung beans, and mochi


Da Bao - Steamed Bun with deliciousness inside - usually ground pork with some type of greens, a quail egg and a Chinese sausage


Sun Chips - I could eat these all day.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for ending the suspense. I like your food choices. I'm sooo hungry now.

    ReplyDelete