Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Seattle with the Lins & Vania

Earlier this summer, the Lins and Vania came to Seattle to visit.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to take as many photos as I would have liked to.  I only captured a few with my phone, since I left my actual camera at home.  :(  But some are better than none, right?

We started Day 1 at Coastal Kitchen in Capitol Hill for brunch.  Then we walked up to Volunteer Park, stopping at Volunteer Park Cafe & Marketplace for snacks.


A sticky bun and blueberry scone at Volunteer Park Cafe & Marketplace.


We then walked around Pike Place Market, and came across this sign:

Evidently, they were shooting some footage for Top Chef Masters at the Market.


This was the guy that they were shooting.  Does anyone know who he is?  I had no idea.  But there was a mini-crowd around the cameras trying to peek in at what was going on.


Then, of course, we had some piroshkies at Piroshky, Prioshky.  For those of you who do not know what a piroshky is, you should come to Seattle and try one.  :)  In short, it's a Russian baked bun with a variety of fillings.  I have come to like the smoked salmon piroshky, but there are many savory and sweet fillings to choose from.  The cinnamon cardamom twists are also quite tasty.


Day 2 was spent basically eating a Paseo sandwich by Green Lake.  I discovered the Chicken Thigh Sandwich, which I think is better than the Pork Sandwiches.  This place has the best sandwiches I have ever eaten, hands down.  If there is only one place in all of Seattle that you must eat at, it would have to be Paseo, in my opinion.  (That is, in my limited experiences of Seattle restaurants.)


It got a little messy, especially since we had to transport it to the lake.  But boy, was it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment