Saturday, July 28, 2012

Road Trip USA! (Part 6 of 6, Helena, MT to Seattle, WA)


We spent a night in Helena, MT, just to rest our road-trip weary driving bodies.  Hoping to get to Seattle by dinnertime, we packed out of Helena early in the morning towards our final destination.





We stopped at Hob Nob on Higgins for brunch in the college town of Missoula, MT.   The restaurant reminded me of something you'd find in Chapel Hill or Carrboro.  Or even Asheville.  Quaint little brunch place with good coffee and an interesting selection of food.  I ordered the Ahi BLT, and was not disappointed.  Look at how they cooked the fish - it was fabulous.  The sweet potato fries were pretty good, too.


Yes, that was the highlight of our day for that day of driving.  I think that was the only photo I took that day.  Oh, yeah, except..


Arriving to Seattle!


After 8 days and 3,000+ miles of driving, Josh and I finally made it to my new home.  I was pretty tired, but glad to see Tina and our new place.

Josh ended up staying a few days, during which he got to see some of Seattle, some friends, and we put him to work as well..


Our biggest project was probably assembling the free bookshelf Tina got via Craigslist.  


And viola!  The finished product.


After many weeks of furniture-buying and settling, Tina and I have more-or-less turned our small studio into a livable space.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment