Friday, July 20, 2012

Road Trip USA! (Part 2 of 6, Bloomington, IN to Chicago, IL)

After a long drive the first day, we only spent a comparatively-less 4 hours on the road to Chicago, IL.



Needless to say, the traffic was not pleasant as we neared the Windy City, but we still made it in time to enjoy some neat sights and delicious food.


We visited The Bean at Millennium Park.  Underneath The Bean is actually really cool.


Chicago-style deep dish pizza at Lou Malnati's.  This was probably one of my favorite meals of the whole trip.  Hence, my 5-star rating on Yelp.  I'm a fan of the corn-mealy crust and the massive heaps of cheese.  Thanks to Vania for the recommendation.


Chicago-style Hot Dog and Polish Sausage at Portillo's.  Also a Vania recommendation.


Josh and I also went to Navy Pier, where we saw fireworks - they shoot of fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday night during the summer.  We went to the Chicago Art Institute the next day, which was neat since it had so many famous paintings.  Needless to say, I enjoyed my time in Chicago, and could definitely see myself going back for another visit.


P.S. Visiting Chicago did make me want to listen to Wilco.

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! i'm so glad you liked portillos and lou malnatis :)

    ReplyDelete