Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wrapping Up in Maine (Travels)

Forgive the pause in updates, we have had no internet at home since I've been back from Maine (which has ended up being a good thing, but not for updating this blog).  The last week in Maine found me already knowing I would miss it, but making the most of my time while in the beautiful state.

Did the Gulf Hagas hike near the Katahdin Iron Works.  It included wading across a river, which was neat.


Swam in freezing water, but I was getting a little warm from the hike, and the water looked so tempting.  I didn't last longer than a minute.


Moose sighting!


The family came and spent some time in Bar Harbor.  We did a whale and puffin watching tour.  It was cloudy so we didn't see much, plus it was really cold.  But we survived.


We also went biking on the carriage roads in Acadia National Park.  A lot of fun and good exercise!


Bubble Pond in Acadia.


Back in Bangor, I showed them around, taking them to the town's top attractions, one of them being the largest statue of Paul Bunyan in the world.  I also showed them where Stephen King currently lives (right down the street from us!) and... that's about it.

 
We drove down the coast of Maine, stopping off in a couple places, including Freeport, which is where L.L. Bean started, I believe.


Also stopped in Portland and visited the Portland Head Light.  Really pretty lighthouse.


Don't worry, this is only the travel portion of wrapping up Maine.  I'll have a-whole-nother post on the food we had.  AND another post on the rest of our travels down the east coast.  We ended up stopping in Boston, New York City, and Washington D.C. on the way down, breaking up our trip rather nicely and making for a pleasant drive back.

No comments:

Post a Comment