Saturday, July 16, 2011

Trip Down The East Coast

From Maine, we stopped in Boston, New York, and Washington D.C. on the way down to NC.  Of course, we spent a lot of time eating food.  Here are some photos.

Whole Wheat Honey Nut with Apricot and Date bread and a lemon blueberry pudding cake from When Pigs Fly Bakery in Boston.  Their bread was really good.


Pho at Pho Pasteur in Chinatown Boston.  It was a much-needed delicious meal after a long morning walking the Freedom Trail.


Tina and her Banh Mi from some small store near Pho Pasteur in Chinatown Boston.


Of course, dan ta.  Chinatown Boston.


They were staging a mock Revolutionary War in Boston Common since it was July 4th weekend.  It reminded me of the time we did this in paintball and how stupid I felt.  But I guess that's how they fought back then.


Tina eating a flower ball thing in Boston Public Gardens.


Me eating a da bao from Chinatown Boston.  Mine was much yummier.


Pistachio cannoli from from Mike's Pastries.


Stopped off at Frank Pepe's Pizzeria in New Haven, CT and got to meet up with Faith for a little bit.  Their white clam pizzas are super legit.  Some of the best pizza I've ever had.


Breakfast in Flushing, NY.  Nom.


Breakfast continued in Flushing, NY.  I think this was dried fish with taro chok.


Took my parents to the underground in Flushing, NY.  Got the dumplings and bao zi.


And of course, xiao long bao from Nan Xiang Xiao Long Bao.


Tina found out about this meat-on-a-stick stand in Flushing, so I went to check it out.  Super duper good.  I got lamb meat with spicy stuff on a stick.


And that concludes my travels up and down the east coast this summer.  It was a good time filled with great travels, delicious food, and just straight fun.  Thanks to the 3 of you that actually followed me on this blog.  :-) Next stop.. Asheville!

2 comments:

  1. i miss that bread from when pigs fly...
    and that da bao...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to that bakery when I went to boston. I still think about it!

    ReplyDelete