Saturday, June 11, 2011

Travels Up The East Coast

On my way up to Maine, I stopped by to eat some good food and meet up with friendly folks.  Here are some photos of what transpired.

White Clam Pizza at Frank Pepe's Pizzeria in New Haven, CT.  Saw Faith here, but no photo!  :-(  The pizza was excellent, though.  The clams were nice and chewy and tasted like they came straight from the ocean.  The pizza was also topped with roasted garlic (in whole CHUNKS - yum!), oregano, and grated parmesan cheese.  The crust was thin, and even though I like it thick crusts, I think having the thin crust highlighted to flavors of the toppings, which was a plus.

Thai food in Boston.

With an emo Daniel.

Pad Thai and bubble tea.  Decent.  Daniel has yet to establish his status as a reliable source of food suggestions, even after these meals.  They were ok, but he could have done better.  I guess he just has a strange taste in food.  It's funny, because the first place he suggested was entirely shot down by his roommates - so I guess I'm not the only one that questions his tastes.

Brunch @ The Friendly Toast with Justina and David.  According to Justina, "voted the best brunch on Boston."

I got the Sklarmaggedon - all sorts of meat (bacon, sausage, ham) inside an omelet.  The omelet was alright, but the homefries were pretty good and the cinnamon raisin toast was delicious.  I also had a blueberry pancake and was stuffed afterwards.  Good way to fill up before the last leg of my trip.

And a thank you to everyone that made me mixes for my trip up.  They were all great and kept me company during my drive.  I think my favorite new song (from all the mixes) is "Golden" by A Girl Called Eddy.  Thanks Jez!

More to come!




3 comments:

  1. oh and i suppose you found that pizza joint on your own???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, actually. You said it was in Rhode Island. But I'll cut you some slack - at least we can agree on Britt's

    ReplyDelete